If you would like to know more about the owner and author of Doohan It This Way, please visit the About the Author page.
Sources of Content:
The content for Doohan It This Way is drawn from a number of sources, including:
- The fruits of my weekly meditations on the Sacred Scriptures as I prepare the homilies for the Sunday Masses in the parish, both in written form and (from October 2012) in recorded spoken form;
- The fruits of my ongoing theological reflection, based on my professional reading and other issues that I encounter;
- The consideration, reflection and pondering on a range of spiritual sources and resources, particularly the Rule of Saint Benedict, as I continue to develop my ‘domestic monastery’;
- The occasional photo taken as I develop my hobby of photography;
- The occasional reference to those news stories, articles and other opinion pieces that have attracted my attention and interest; and
- The occasional reflection on the events experienced, things heard, things seen, or indeed things read as I travel day by day along the path of life.
These myriad sources can stop me in my tracks, confirm or challenge long held positions, and require from me a response that draws not only on my knowledge, but sometimes the insight and other resources at my disposal. The responses found here might not always be that which are expected.
The opinions and views presented here in Doohan It This Way are entirely mine, and should not be misconstrued as representing the official views of the Catholic Church, the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, the Parish of Forster Tuncurry, or any other organisation or agency with which I am affiliated. To that end I personally take full responsibility for all content.
The inclusion of any particular content found here in Doohan It This Way should not necessarily be construed as an endorsement or criticism of that content. The content posted here should, therefore, be viewed with an open mind and a generous spirit, in which light I have posted it here.
In posting the content for Doohan It This Way I recognise that not everyone will agree with either what I write or the perspective from which I write, nor with the other content I may choose to post here. They are posted here solely because I have chosen to post them here, and have done so for any number of reasons.
While I welcome comments on my postings, I expect that those comments are written in the same open and generous spirit with which I have posted the content here in Doohan It This Way. Commentators should be aware that all comments are moderated by myself, and I reserve the absolute right to edit any and all comments, or indeed to not approve any comment, that has been submitted to Doohan It This Way.
Comments will be moderated on the basis of offensiveness, inappropriateness, and just plain contrariness for the sake of it. All editorial decisions are made solely at my discretion. These decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.